Sunday 12 January 2014

What Type Of Person Self Harms?




What type of person self harms?

I have asked people this question on several occasions. Some of the answers have been "goths, sad people, depressed people, lonely people, etc. Often peoples idea of the type of person who self harms is down to things they have read or seen on the internet. The typical photograph of a young girl, dressed in black, crouched in a corner with a razor blade in her hand is NOT the typical type of person who self harms.

I believe that the most important part of a person is their soul. Sometimes souls get hurt and damaged. The cause can be many, many things but I also believe that with the right love, help and support, a persons soul can be healed and they can start to live their life again to the full.

I have thought long and hard about how to write this blog and I don't particularly want it to be written as a story. I have chosen to write it more like extracts from a diary, ones which may switch from present to past depending on what is going through my mind at the time. I will be including some of my favourite quotes and song lyrics that have helped me over the years, not to mention some of the most special people in my life. I also want this blog to be honest and open about some of the sad times I've had but I will also, most definitely be including a lot of happy times too.

To protect anyone reading my blog, especially my family and friends, if a post contains any mention of something triggering, I will always give a warning so that people can choose to skip that post if they so wish.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment